IPL 2022 – CSK Largest Sports Franchise: Media consultancy Ormax Media has published their research report in the sports department. According to the report, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is the largest sports franchise in the country with 40.9 million fans. The title of the report ‘We, the sports fans of India ‘: Follow IPL 2022 live updates with InsideSport.IN
The report is the result of a consumer study conducted over a six-month period from July to December 2021. The study is based on a sample size of 12,000 people across urban and rural India.
IPL 2022 Point Table / IPL 2022 Orange Cap / IPL 2022 Purple Cap / IPL 2022 Full Schedule / IPL 2022 Max Four / IPL 2022 Max Six
Indian sports fan base
- According to the report, the number of sports fans in India is 136.3 million or 13.63 crore people.
- A fan is defined as someone who watched a live game on TV or OTT for at least 30 minutes last month. As an active visitor.
- Cricket is ahead with 124.2 million fans. Kabaddi, wrestling (including WWE) and football are in close competition for second place, each with 23-28 million fans.
- The report profiles these fans by gender, age, NCCS, pop level and state.
MI vs PBKS Live: PBKS ‘Shikhar Dhawan has a golden opportunity to break multiple records in today’s match against MI – see
IPL 2022: Chennai Super Kings return to top, ranked largest sports franchise in India – check out
Indian sports fan base – CSK is the largest sports franchise:
- Chennai Super Kings has emerged as the largest sports franchise in India.
- It is the most popular IPL team in India, with 40.9 million fans.
- Its fan base of 22.5 million people is almost equal to the entire fan base of Indian football.
- The report defines a loyal fan because someone feels emotionally attached to the team.
- Such a fan puts a tab on the results and engages in online or offline conversations around the team and its players.
MI vs PBKS Live: PBKS spinner Rahul Chahar’s former team has sent a big warning to MI, saying ‘I have my eye on Rohit Sharma and Suryakumar Yadav’
Lionel Messi India’s Most Followed Footballer: The report also looks at various football leagues and their fan following.
Lionel Messi’s then-team Barcelona FC topped the list with 3.9 million fans.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are among the top 10 most popular athletes in India.
In addition to the two football superstars, the list also includes seven cricketers and badminton star PV Sindhu.
IPL 2022: Is captain Rohit Sharma upset about team selection? ‘Stubborn’ spending big bucks on unavailable Joffra Archer is a tough bite for Mumbai Indians: check out
Seeing the behavior of sports fans in India: In the viewing behavior section, the report looks at the digital use of TV versus sports. Where 44% of Indian sports fans only watch live games on TV, a huge 36% are using both traditional and digital media to watch live games, the remaining 20% are watching only digital. The report also includes India’s preferred commentary languages, reported by various geographies and demographics.
Commenting on the report, Ormax Media founder and CEO Shailesh Kapoor said: “The number of viewers, especially from television, is not an accurate representation of a sports fanbase. India is primarily a single-TV nation where the nature of watching a lot of games is dormant. With this report, we aim to fill in the blanks for reliable data on the size and profile of ‘real’ sports fans. “
‘Athletes active in India’:
The report estimates that 317.8 million (approximately 23% of India’s population) Indians are currently actively playing at least one outdoor sport in their lifetime.
Where cricket, football and badminton occupy the top 3 places as the most popular sport in India.
The list includes Volleyball and Kho Kho, with 56 million and 19 million active players, respectively.
Follow IPL 2022 live updates with InsideSport.IN